Running your coaching business includes so many other tasks though, sometimes it may feel like you are spending more time on this other stuff and only a fraction actually with your clients. And sometimes all this other stuff becomes so overwhelming that you actually stop doing it. You’ve tried this and that, posting on Facebook, posting on LinkedIn, posting on Instagram, sending emails, running Facebook ads, and still have no results to write home about. Maybe you even start doubting that what you’re offering is just not good enough.
But consider this:
– There are an estimated 4,380,000 coaches globally.
– There are an estimated 1,790,000 coaches in the US. (source)
So the question is not if what you are offering is good enough – we know it is.
It’s how you will stand out and reach your target audience, your ideal clients.
If you are not absolutely clear about this you are bound to fail your business (and your clients, because they won’t be able to find you).
Knowing exactly who you are talking to, who you can help, who will benefit most from what you are offering is number 1 in your coaching business, and in any business.
The clearer you are about this, the clearer your messaging will be.
And you will be able to go right where your customers are. In their life, in their mind, speak exactly to their issues, pain points, challenges, and aspirations and get their attention, as well as physically (online), go where they hang out already, and where they are already looking for the solutions you offer, rather than trying all over the place and diluting your message, wasting your energy and resources in the wrong places.
Whether or not you have already defined your niche, or are still struggling, or you are thinking “but I want to help everyone!”, I invite you to answer the following questions.
- Who are/were my favourite clients so far?
Think of those specific people and describe them.
Their demographics, their problems, how did they find you, why did they come to you (and not somebody else), what results did they get from working with you.
- Now, do the same exercise but thinking of some clients you would never want to work with again. And identify why you would never want to work with them again.
Do you see now that you simply cannot help everyone and anyone? And you do not want to help everyone and anyone?
Using your favourite clients as model, answer these questions:
Who are they? What is their problem currently? What keeps them up at night?
What do they want? How can you help them?
- Background: Job? Career Path? Family? Lifestyle?
- Demographics: Age? Income? Location? Gender Identity?
- Identifiers: Communication preferences? Social media platforms?
- Challenges: What does this person struggle with in relation to meeting goals? What are their roadblocks?
- Goals: Primary/secondary goals? Personal vs professional goals? Role-related vs company goals?
- What can you do? …to help them achieve their goals? …to help them overcome their challenges?
- Your Message/Solution: How can you describe your solution to have the biggest impact on this person?
Done? Was it difficult? Are you still struggling?
Share your results with me and if you need help, book a free call right now.
Every day you delay this is a day lost, where you are wandering in the dark, and your ideal clients can’t find you.
Send me your results if you want feedback, and book a call if you need help.
Committed to your success!